I4MS: ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs
ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) is a ‘Factories of the Future’ initiative designed to support the adaption of innovative ICT in Europe’s manufacturing SMEs.
I4MS brings together eleven ‘Factories of the Future’ projects as Integrated Projects (IPs) and two ‘roadmapping’ projects.
- APPOLO (Hub of application laboratories for equipment assessment in laser-based manufacturing)
- AMable (AdditiveManufacturABLE)
- BEinCPSS (Business experiments in cyber physical production systems)
- CloudFlow (Computational cloud services and workflows for agile engineering)
- CloudSME (Cloud-based simulation platform for manufacturing and engineering)
- EUROC (European robotics challenges)
- FORTISSIMO (Factories of the future resources, technology, infrastructure and services for simulation and modelling)
- FORTISSIMO II
- HORSE (Smart integrated Robotics system for SMEs controlled by IoT based on dynamic manufacturing processes)
- INTEFIX (Intelligent fixtures for the manufacturing of low rigidity components)
- LASHARE (Sharing innovation through laser-based equipment assessment)
- L4MS (Logistics for Manufacturing SMEs)
- MIDIH (Manufacturing Industry Digital Innovation Hubs)
- ReconCell (Reconfigurable robot workCell for fast set-up of automated assembly processes in SMEs)
IPs have the unique approach of launching their own ‘open calls’ for experiments and validation activities with a simpler application process, financial support and short run time. They are ideally designed to be accessible to SMEs and allow them to experience European collaborative research while making new connections and sharing knowledge.